Friday 15 October 2021

There's a Lot of Stuff to Finish....

 


The fourth Serendipity rug is finished; I think it has something of a Victorian air, perhaps due to its colours.


Fiddly, but I've been saving a printie of these boxes for years; they are from the December 1996 issue of Nutshell News, and I think I need two more copies. They're fiddly, but if you follow the instructions carefully (!), they go together quite well. I need more small beads for ornaments....


The Dutch door is now glued into the back wall of the wooden shoe workshop; although it won't really show, I needed to fix it securely in order to prevent it swinging open (and breaking off) if the workshop is ever displayed. (I'm feeling a "bit" worried that there will ever be shows again.)


And a few "fancy" tree ornaments, which I hope to display on a hanging rack on the inside of the door to the Christmas market stall. I have still to design a sensible rack, and many more ornaments need to be made. I wonder where I can find bags of mixed beads? This may be a chance to roam around a few second-hand shops, although I am worried about getting Covid; I'm due for a booster, but they are currently only giving booster to seniors in nursing home settings, and to people with underlying conditions. And winter is coming....






4 comments:

  1. I love the door. It looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    I found these beads on Etsy:
    https://www.etsy.com/se-en/listing/974888355/mixed-colours-864mm-acrylic-beads-for?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=mixed+beads&ref=sr_gallery-1-4&organic_search_click=1

    Maybe you can use them
    Hugs Britt

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ornament boxes are so adorable! I should see if I can make a pattern to cut with the Maker! And I love the new ornaments and the rug! The shop door looks adorable with the windows. Are you going to stucco the exterior? We're supposed to get boosters, too, but no one has said where or how yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your interest! The shop is painted off-white, but it needs to be "dirtied" up so it looks like a shop in a muddy courtyard. Many old farm buildings in The Netherlands were daub and wattle, and that is sort of what this should appear to be; they were usually lime-washed white, and the dark green trim is very traditional.

    ReplyDelete