Tuesday 9 April 2019

Remembrance Day Project

The project has arrived at my house for a little outdoors aging. It was supposed to have been picked up yesterday, giving me today to work on it before we get together tomorrow, but - you guessed it, we had another snowstorm. Well, we got 15 cm or about 6" of wet, heavy snow yesterday afternoon, evening and overnight. It can stop as far as I'm concerned, but according to the weather forecast, it is going to continue to flip-flop the rest of April.

Today is pretty much taken up with other projects. I am painting paper for the tin can project, and painting leaf paper takes several light coats on both sides of the paper. I hope to punch leaves this evening, and finish that little project. It is intended as part of my stock for the Moncton Miniature and Doll Show, to be held in Moncton the first Saturday in May. Two more projects for the show are being assembled. I need a dry, sunny day to do some spray painting out of doors.

In the meantime, I am taking apart a sweater I knit for myself I can't remember how many years ago; it has never fit me properly, so rather than let it sit in a bag in my storage area, I am going to knit it up in a sweater that I hope will actually fit. I love Aran knit cable sweaters, but have yet to make one that actually fits me; one of the first I knit was even too big for my brother, who is 6'8" (about 2 m 10 cm) tall!

It is difficult to balance my time between all my various hobbies!

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see more about the remembrance day project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glass half full? At least with all the snow, it will be a while until you have a lot of weeding to do in the yard, giving you more time for all these fun projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not the weeding I'm concerned about right now; one snowstorm ago, the snow removal person set his auger too low. Half of our driveway gravel is currently spread out over the lawns and flowerbeds either side of the drive.
    And it snowed some more overnight....

    ReplyDelete