Friday 6 April 2018

Working Away....



I'm still here, but I am working away to create some items for the Moncton Miniature and Doll Show, which happens May 5. It is slow going, but it is a beginning. There are a few needlework pieces I would like to try, the above represents a selection of pillows, mats and rugs; among the items I would like to have a go at, are bell pulls, provided I can find decent hanging findings for them. I did pick up some in Europe years ago, but am now contemplating a different shape, which will have to be purchased via the internet, fortunately with a supplier here in Canada. There is so much money involved in sending anything outside of  this country, as for example a piece of fabric on eBay for which $9.99 is being asked, along with $24.95 for postage and handling....

Postage within Canada is bad enough, but to charge nearly $25.00 for something which could easily be sent in a plain manila envelope, is pushing it as far as I am concerned!

No comments:

Post a Comment