Thursday 22 March 2018

Oh, Blah!



It must be the almost endless winter, but I find myself making flowers all the time! There are now 2 smaller shamrock plants, as well as a chrysanthemum which will go into the flower shop's autumn display window.

The mums were made from a We Love Miniatures tutorial, although I didn't exactly have the right punches. Instead, I used a sort of asterisk for the two centre petals, and a small snowflake for the remaining rows of petals. The centre is flower soft, and the finished mums were brushed with ochre chalk dust. I quite like them, and will probably make some in pink and purple, and perhaps white, to make a nice mass of chrysanthemums for the window display.

And I have started some tiny mini embroidery projects, as the Moncton Miniature and Doll Show is coming up the first Saturday in May.


6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous plants and flowers!
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! And just the thing for a dull dreary won't seem to end winter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure wish spring and summer seemed to last as long as winter does! But with all these lovely flowers and plants that you are making, next winter won't be so rough. Just keep the shop where you can see it and you'll feel springtime every day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shop sits on an antique marble-top commode table across from the en-suite "convenience", so I see it several times a day...
    Yeah, I did that on purpose!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your chrysanthemums look wonderful in this endless-seeming Winter! I know it is "Spring"..... your florist's shop will be overflowing with blooms by the time Spring is really here!

    ReplyDelete