Follow by Email

Wednesday, 14 February 2018

Happy Valentine's Day!




So I thought I'd try to make some baby's breath (gypsophila) branches, using the technique for the lady's mantle plant. It sort of worked; pale green stiffened thread, dipped in glue then in fine white sand, and then the sand is painted white.

I added three red rosebuds and a small glitter heart to the arrangement. The sparkly green vase was a gift from Camp MiniHaHa, and I think it may be a little too bright for this bouquet; however, it was the right size for these flowers.

This will go into the Spring window of my flower shop, on the left, where there is an empty space right now. There is already an Easter arrangement in the centre of the window, so perhaps I should do a St. Patrick's Day arrangement for the other side; that way, I will have covered the special days celebrated in Spring. I think Joann Swanson's DIY site may have instructions for a shamrock plant.

Spring will not actually happen here for two and a half months....


5 comments:

  1. Happy Valentine's Day! Love your flower arrangement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, SHeila! I did notice that the circle cutter I used to make the rose petals is too large, 3/8" instead of 1/4" - guess it's just an extra large rose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Espero que hayas pasado un bonito día!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nicely done, your Baby's Breath is lovely!

    ReplyDelete