Saturday 15 May 2021

Oops, I Did It Again....

It takes me far too much time to get up the courage to do certain things, and one of those things was to do the remaining stucco walls for the wooden shoe workshop. Yesterday, I decided enough was enough, and I put stucco on the remaining walls. 



Only the wall holding the stove needed doing, but the chimney of that stove is made of a plastic drinking straw, dowel, and cardboard. It was difficult to get it to stand straight, as I was worried about messing up the paint job if I tried to bend the straw in a bit. I said a prayer or two, stuck my tongue in the corner of my mouth, and just did it. 


Today, I did some small touch-ups, like filling in a little paper clay around the chimney where it goes into the wall. That dried quickly enough that I was able to paint this afternoon. And I will explain the oops for this entry; I forgot to allow a clear space for the beam at the top of the wall, which meant I had to cut, pry and sand the dry paper clay just as I had to do with the corner of the dividing wall. Guess I didn't learn.....

The floor in this part will be painted rather than done with dry wall compound, as miniature things have no weight whatsoever and would not stand straight on what would undoubtedly have been an uneven floor. The sealer will go on today, and I'll try to get the painting done tomorrow. The doors and windows haven't been placed yet, they are where they're supposed to go only. In order to install the door between the buttresses, I have to take the slanted beam and reed wall section off. That will happen probably after the floor is done. And I just realized that the door would have been difficult to open on a floor that was even a tiny bit higher than the bottom of the door....

The walls will be dirtied and aged once the floor is painted. Stay tuned!




3 comments:

  1. I can totally relate to getting in your head about a task and then finally just making the jump to get it done! The stucco and stove look amazing, so your actions were well rewarded!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jodi. Onwards and forwards with some of the other stuff for this room box...

      Delete
  2. what a difference a wall makes. Good that you colected the courage to do this. The result is very good and with all the walls done the room already looks different. I look forward to the next stage. And I have no doubt that the 'oops'can be corrected without difficulty.

    Bon courage!

    ReplyDelete