Wednesday 5 August 2020

Okay, Things Are Changing - Again!

My effort to post here this evening resulted in the new blogger which everyone is apparently very unhappy about! With Marilyn's advice, I have reverted to Legacy Blogger, in the hope that they can fix the glitch that doesn't allow me to post photos.

With summer in full swing, and things opening up a bit, we haven't worked as often on minis; however, we did get a face-to-face last Wednesday, as our wood shipment had arrived. That means that I can soon (I hope!) get to work on the staircase for the Klompenfabriek.

In the meantime, I did sort out the books in the Book Shop in Altered Books, a CMHH project. It involved gluing books together....



Except for two shelves, they are are more or less permanently stuck. The ones that aren't are "real", i.e. opening books with text and illustrations in them. At some point, these will be replaced by other faux books. As this is a book store, the books are now in groups, like they would be in a real bookstore. Now all I have left to do is re-make the lantern for the street lamp, check out the wiring, and then this project is - mostly - finished.

In the meantime, I am working on some semi-finished projects. "Semi-finished" sounds better than UFO's! Among them is this little bench cupboard, a FAME project that Marilyn taught. I am changing it somewhat, to make it fit with some of my other furnishing items.



I also made up a puzzle box, which has a real puzzle in it; it was a "Bits 'n Bobs" project from Ann B., a British camper who came to our mini camp for a couple of years. Another SFP (that's semi-finished project!) being worked on is a lovely upholstered easy chair, for which I used the last bits of one of my favourite fabrics. This one is also a CMHH project, from Janet H. of Maggie Melinda, another former camper. I'd like to finish both the bench and the chair by next week. We'll see!

4 comments:

  1. The bookcases look great Marijke. I look forward to seeing the whole project together. - Marilyn D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, thank you for your kind words of condolences which warmed my heart.
    I love your bookcases. I'm just now working on a BookNook and one of the two shops in it is a book shop. I wish my books look half as great as yours.
    A hug, Drora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy to see you back, Drora! The books are basically printies from the internet, glued around pieces of matboard; the number of layers depends on the thickness of the book spines. It takes time, but is the sort of thing you can do while watching TV

      Delete
  3. The books look great! I'm so excited to see the shelves coming together.

    ReplyDelete