Monday 19 August 2019

Going Potty, As In Nuts



I am making modern flower pots. Well, Camp is coming up and I have to restock the shop in a box and make assorted gifts and tidbits to share with my fellow campers. This time, I really hope to have these done before September even starts.

The pots are made of scraps of dollhouse wallpaper samples, double layers for strength, with coloured trim because I want them to be cheerful.

Two days' work.... although a lot of that is actually waiting for glue to dry. Then the glue has to come off my fingers, the scissors, the knife, the work surface, my clothing, the cotton place mat I was working on; well, you get it.

6 comments:

  1. Ha ha, Marijke. I know just what you mean about the glue - I get it everywhere!! The pots are looking great though and they really are cheerful. - Mariyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cheerful variety of pots! The glue does go everywhere, but at least it did not go onto the pots in a bad way! That's always a win!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh glue... the bane of my hair and fabric and shirts.

    But they're so bright and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Filled the plant pots today, (Sept. 1)and will post a photo in a few weeks. Now I have to make more plants....

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I made echeverrias to go into these, as my tidbit gifts at Camp MiniHaHa, 40 of the dear things!

    ReplyDelete