Sunday 25 December 2016

Merry Christmas 2016


This photo was taken just after daybreak on Friday, because I loved the looks of the clouds in the sky, and all the fine, powdery snow that had fallen was still on every branch and tiny bud. This is the view from my living room, through the windows, out over the Saint John River valley, now obscured by trees, unfortunately; the opposite bank is visible on the horizon.

Since then, we have had rain, and today lots of very strong wind gusts; for a while this morning, we lost electrical power in our neighbourhood. But we are used to this, and our generator kicked in just fine, and by 1 p.m. power was restored to the area. It was likely another tree or branch falling on a line somewhere.

I had hoped to post a photo of my Christmas vignette today, but my camera is still giving us problems; the fresh batteries I put in on Friday were completely drained today. It appears the problem might be that one of the coils inside is causing a drain on battery power. In the daylight, we will try to fiddle with this, using one of my long, thin tweezers.

This was definitely not a mini Christmas; my Sasha Morgenthaler doll collection, however, was very well remembered, with fabric, books and clothing! However, they are the wrong scale for this blog. Now that my work surface has been tidied up, I hope to get back into miniatures. This afternoon, I was madly hemming the last of the patchwork Real Life place mats I had made to brighten up our very quiet Christmas dinner. Now my time can go back to some of my other hobbies.

I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas.

4 comments:

  1. La foto es preciosa! Me alegro que hayas tenido una navidad tranquila,que la luz haya vuelto a funcionar y que puedas arreglar pronto tu cámara de fotos para poder enseñarnos la escena!!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marijke - I was so pleased to open two more flats of your beautiful flowers Christmas morning. The muscari and crocuses are beautiful I just can't believe you didn't tell me, your co-conspirator, that my sister had purchased them for me. Tsk, tsk. I was really surprised and infinitely pleased to get them. - Marilyn D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was sworn to secrecy, Marilyn! Glad you liked them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Occasionally, I get comments on the blog that do not concern what this blog is all about, i.e., miniatures. Over the 6 years this blog has been in existence, I've only had to do that 3 or 4 times. I just had to do it again, and I'm sorry, but I'm bound by certain blogging rules.

    ReplyDelete