Thursday 9 December 2021

Still Working Away, Albeit Slowly....

 The Christmas parcels for my children were sent off on Monday, which means I have time to devote to my other hobbies again. My mini friends and I did meet on Wednesday, and two of us are working at filling our Christmas market stalls. Our other mini friend is working on a secret project....


The local office supply store did some excellent copying for me, and the first result is these miniature Christmas plates. The printies came from 1 zu 12, the German magazine, from a market stall project by Belgian miniaturist Iris Arentz (Trezoortjes), who works extensively with paper and card. I am debating whether to cut the rims back a little, as the pressed card plate forms I purchased at Birmingham Miniatura years ago are a larger diameter than the printies. These plates will go at the back of the shelves in my market stall, and will add seasonal colour.


This is just part of the stock for the shop; most of it is finished, but some of the boxes still need filling. It is not easy finding decent supplies, as all the stores appear to be dealing with delayed delivery problems. There aren't enough truck drivers and dock workers to keep up, and the suppliers are also experiencing labour difficulties due to the pandemic.


There is a LOT of space on the shelves for me to fill! The boxes of Christmas baubles will go on the lower shelves, while the various decor items will get pride of place. More laser-cut items are being worked on, but I need fine green glitter for the little Christmas trees. I'm also working on some larger decor items, like Porch decorations; a trio of round dowel Santas are being painted, and a similar trio of square ones need a bit more work on the faces, then they can be stained a nice, warm light brown. These will stand outside the shop, for the delectation of potential customers at the miniature Christmas market.

Currently, I am debating on how to finish the base the stall will sit on; ideally, I'd like a cobblestone (printed) base, covered here and there in painted snow. And I still have to think of a catchy name for my little market stall.Marilyn is way ahead of that






No comments:

Post a Comment