Monday 20 December 2021

And the Cobbles Are In Place


The next step is to make the roof; I hope to fit it like a lid, with lighting and a garland around the edges. It needs to be removable as I will surely want to replace the contents as I learn new skills; it was pointed out to me when I first started working on miniature settings, that a setting is never truly finished....

I am pleased with the look of the stone paving; it will need a couple of coats of matte varnish, which I have to go out and buy as the two large bottles I bought years ago have now separated.  The front and back supports of the base  will go underneath, hopefully tomorrow, to make a space to hide the batteries for the Christmas lights. The edges will then be finished with an iron-on veneer banding.

I'm going to see if I want poles on the four corners, to string yet more lights around; I could perhaps use the posts themselves to display wreaths or similar decorations. I'll have to ponder that!

 

2 comments:

  1. Hello Marijke,

    Again I am sorry to have missed a few posts but what a lovely mini decorations have you made for your Christmas stall! It will look spectacular indeed.

    I like the ideas you have for additional posts. I look forward to waht you decide on those.

    For now I wish you and your family a merry Christmas!

    Huibrecht

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Huibrecht. And a Merry Christmas to you and your family as well. We may actually have snow, as a storm is forecast for today. I expect Rotterdam will more likely have rain, so I wish you sunshine too.

      Delete