Wednesday 22 December 2021

The Roof Is On....




 We are having a snow/rain/freezing rain storm today, so our weekly meeting took place over the internet. I've managed to fit and paint the roof, and to install the brackets that will hold the lights and the garland (I hope!).


I put together another Erzgebirgte bow as well, this time I tried a manger scene:



Yes, the baby Jesus is a little large, but so is the Christ Child in our antique German creche scene. I may give Joseph a staff, but will see how a section of fine antique brass wire might look. If you enlarge this photo, you will see that the glue on the "candles" is still wet....

There is a series of wire brackets all around the roof of the market stall; I hope to use these to string the evergreen/holly garland and the light string. I also want to experiment with poles on the corners, as mentioned in my previous post, and will try to string some lights there as well.

Obviously, the merchandise in the market stall will NOT be finished before Christmas; I have to go and stand in line in whatever weather presents itself tomorrow to get my Covid booster shot, and have no idea of how much actual time for minis I will have. We do what we must!



1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the booster shot.
    And Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete