Thursday 28 October 2021

Lots of Boxes and Beads!

We were able to get together yesterday afternoon, and I spent it making boxes, and then today I made more boxes. I also picked up some $ store beads that are very attractive for making more Christmas balls from.


My workspace is shrinking! That, I expect, is something most of us who do miniatures are very familiar with, indeed. I was able to access a lot of excellent printies for boxes, thanks to Amberatti.blogspot a number of years ago. They were professionally printed on photo paper, and I really like the effect. Not cut out yet from that sheet are tinsel, angel hair, snow, and lightbulb boxes, so I have a few more (!) boxes to work on over the weekend.


The little market stall now has shelves inside, as well as a counter, cut down from vintage wooden venetian blind slats; they are sort of pre-aged, and I love the golden brown colour, which will work beautifully with my planned colour scheme. More boxes on the shelves, but these need their dividers as well as the decorations to go inside them. At this point, the plan is that this front part of the stall will be removable, held in place with some tiny, powerful rare earth magnets, to allow access to the interior. The roof will also lift off. However, as we all know, plans are known to change....

I hope there will be lights! Once a week I check the Christmas supplies already appearing in our $ stores; the current crop of LED lights run off batteries, but I'm hoping that I can find some tiny lights that operate with coin batteries, as they take up minimal space.

I also plan to (gasp!) glue down all the items "available" in this shop! Those of you who have been visiting the blog for some years will recall that I don't usually glue stuff down. But these bits are so tiny that, should the cat walk by the finished stall, everything is likely to fall off the shelves.



 

8 comments:

  1. There is always more shelf to fill than we think when we begin. But you have so many great ideas and the boxes of ornaments are going to look wonderful! The blinds are so perfect, and the idea of recycling them make you feel so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joann Swanson used these blinds extensively in her projects for Nutshell News in the last century (teehee!); I've always wanted to say that. Her ideas tend to be timeless, and I find myself going back again and again to her projects.

      Delete
  2. A lot is needed to fill all the shelves. But reading about all the treats and trinkets you have made and are planning to make, you will get there in the end. No doubt about it.

    Good luck with making all these christmas decorations for the stall!

    Huibrecht

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boxes are good shelf fillers. I also hope to add plates, table ornaments, and perhaps Christmas mugs. We'll see!

      Delete
  3. Oh it's going to look so wonderful! For your lights, I'd suggest looking around for some of those light up Christmas light necklaces. They usually have smaller batteries since people have to wear them. the only issue would probably be scale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll check those necklaces out, Sheila! I never thought of that as a source....

      Delete
  4. El puesto de mercado tiene un aspecto fabuloso! veo que te has aprovisionado de pequeñas cuentas que convertirás en bonitas bolas navideñas! Me encantará ver como se va llenando!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias Pilar! I need more beads to get a good variety, and it is fun to poke around $stores to see what is available.

      Delete