Saturday 9 October 2021

Christmas Market Stall, Continued


This is the front portion of the Christmas market stall I began a couple of weeks ago. I got caught up in Real Life things, and haven't had much of a chance to work further on it.

The stall will sell Christmas decorations, of all kinds, many for dressing Christmas trees. The colour scheme is cream and pale green, with (hopefully!) gold accents. Today I cut out and decoupaged some of the "paintings" on the front of the stall; the printies came from the January 2012 issue of Dolls House Nederland. The take-off for the design of the stall came from my memories of old carousels, which are always beautifully pastel in colour and very vividly accented. The space between the two round appliques are going to have the shop name, once I think of the perfect one....

There is almost another Serendipity rug finished, this one in reds and greys, accented with black. A few other items for the Christmas stall are in various stages of work, and I hope to get some of these ready to show on the blog; we are once again in our area in a Covid lock-down, which is sitting badly with a lot of people (all those, like me, fully vaccinated!), who are not even allowed to have family to share our Canadian Thanksgiving dinner on Monday. My family lives too far away to visit, but there are a lot of unhappy New Brunswickers around right now. The news this morning, in the paper, is that we are likely looking at another Red Level, i.e. complete lock-down, very soon unless the numbers of Covid cases go down drastically.

The supermarkets are reporting that the sale of small turkeys is very high, while the larger turkeys are not being sold. The carpenter-in-chief and I are sharing a chicken....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment