Wednesday 21 July 2021

Three Rows Done, and a Lucky Thought....


Three of the rows are done, only five more to go! To the left of the pencil is a (difficult to see) rectangle drawn on the yellow strip. At some point last night I woke up, and suddenly remembered that there was a wall somewhere in there; did the reeds have to be interrupted? So I taped the ceiling to the room box and realized, yes indeed, there is the half-width wall between the toilet/sink corridor and the workshop proper. I had taken it out a week or more ago....

Whew! Glad that popped into my brain before I had to cut a section of reeds out. I'll have to cut the broom straw to size there, as I'll need to mask the area of the wall with a scrap piece of wood. It will be fiddly, for sure. However, having gone this far, I may as well continue on, right?


 

5 comments:

  1. Don't you love it when your subconscious takes over and keeps us from making a horrible mistake? It is looking really great so far, Marijke. You're making great headway. You're much faster than I was when I was making that pink hydrangea tree for Dorothy's Corner! - Marilyn D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is looking great - how lucky you realized about the wall in time.
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is perhaps a silver lining about sleeplessness....

      Delete
  3. The reeded roof looks great, Marijke. and thankfully you thought of that wall just in time. Or it would have meant more undoing and redoing that you do not have to do now. a silver lining. :-)

    Huibrecht

    ReplyDelete
  4. That forgotten measurement or detail that catches you out. It happens to me all the time...

    ReplyDelete