Saturday 10 April 2021

Got Some Work Done Toay

The sun came out, it was dry, and it was warm enough to finish spraying the stove for the wooden shoe factory.



Taken at an angle, obviously, and the metal plate to go into the wall is still on the kitchen counter. In order to dry the piece, I pushed a branch from the apple tree through the stove, which dislodged the pencil sharpener inside! Serendipitous happening....

The stove being done, I can now stucco the remaining walls of the wooden shoe factory, yeay!


I also did a dry run - minus most of the foliage and all of the goldenrod - for the first flower arrangement I am working on. It is obvious that I'll have to cut down on the number of flowers in the arrangement; a miniaturised floral piece is simply not big enough to be an exact copy. It has to fit into a small basket, and I need to find my tiny lead fishing weights to hold that down, before I do the planting. Also, I still have to "invent" goldenrod flowers.

At least I was able to get some miniature work done again!



 

4 comments:

  1. I love the flowers. And the stove came out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice that you have found a way to remove the pencil sharpener, Marijke. I love the colour on the stove. It looks really good. I love to see it when it is in it's final place in the wooden shoe factory.

    Good luck with miniaturising and making these flowers.

    Huibrecht

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both. I will touch up some of the raised areas on the stove with gold wax, just to add some dimension. The spray paint did well on the cardboard and plastic, didn't it? It is actually a slightly textured paint....

    ReplyDelete
  4. All looking great, Marijke! I so love your wooden shoe factory project. I look forward to watching its progress.

    ReplyDelete