Wednesday 14 April 2021

Anniversary Arrangement in Miniature

Below is the anniversary arrangement I interpreted in miniature. I didn't do the palm leaves, as I found them to detract from the whole composition. The effect is somewhat oriental, and there is, in fact, a polished dark brown wooden stick wired to two of the Bird of Paradise flowers.
 


Here is my miniature version:


The computer keeps telling me "Update Failed", and it keeps turning the photos around, so I don't know how much more I can manage this evening. However, I am very pleased with the way this arrangement turned out, even found a shallow, hefty bowl to put it in. The original was in a rectangular container.


This is what I used to make my goldenrod fronds; a plastic plant, flat on the back side and textured on the front, which I cut into segments, glued to a wire, and then when it was dry, I glued sand I had painted on top of the plastic frame.


As I am not sure I'm making much sense (I'm tired and frustrated with the computer!), here are some finished fronds and one with the glue on it, ready to be dipped into the sand. As the pieces are mounted on a flower wire, they can be bent to a better shape.

Also, I removed the tallest yellow gerbera from the Birthday arrangement, and it looks less round and more triangular in shape. I'll do another quick photo of both these arrangements tomorrow, in the hope that the computer is over its mood....

Also, the computer has decided not to allow me to place a label on this post. Sigh!


















8 comments:

  1. I can understand the frustration you are feeling. But, I think I get the gist of how you made them and they came out beautiful so that is all that counts. I am so glad to see you are here after all of these years. Please visit my blog and let me know what you think. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great job, Marijke - especially the bird-of-paradise flowers. Good job as well, figuring out how to do the goldenrod. You're a master! Hugs - Marilyn D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are beautiful and a total triumph in spite of the computer's objections!!! The window display is going to be incredible with each change of seasons! Every picture looks fine to me, so maybe the computer elves paid a visit while you slept?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flowers are gorgeous! And despite the computer's gremlins your post is very understandable. Love how everything came out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you all for your kind comments! Now it is back to the wooden shoe workshop....

      Delete
  5. I agree with all the comments above. I love how the flowers that you have made turned out. A lovely arangement. And do not worry about the description of the golden rods. I can follow the steps perfectly.

    Huibrecht

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to think of my "flowers" in terms of stage dressing; if they look like what they represent, then they've succeeded. Sand and flowers do not really go together....Thank you for your kind comments!

      Delete