Thursday 30 March 2023

One More for the Desert Garden




 Yesterday we were able to have a mini meeting, and I decided to add something small to my deserted desert garden, a small group of echeveria/hens and chickens/house leeks. They turned out very much as I'd hoped, and will add a bit of darkness at the front of the garden.

They were made of olive green card stock, tips coloured with purple colouring pencil, using a couple of sizes of the same punch shape. I'd made these before, and really like the way they turn out. Making a large plant, a very small plant and several medium size ones makes them look more like the real thing....

I need to haul out my polymer clay and make a couple of cactus plants, too. An aloe vera would work, as well as an opuntia, perhaps with a single blossom. We'll see!



7 comments:

  1. Your desert garden is going to look so amazing when you get each of these beautiful flowers planted! I am excited to see the cactus! You are really making the most of the Mini Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muchas gracias and thank you for your encouragement in regard to this garden. I'm hoping to have it ready for a show the first weekend in May....

    ReplyDelete
  3. great job! I really like the succulents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Troy; they're easy to make if you have the right punches. I've also use punches to make succulents out of polymer clay, rolling the clay very thin and liberally dusting the punch with old talcum powder - it smells nice, too!

      Delete
  4. You're such a master of mini plants and flowers, Marijke. As usual, these are fantastic and make a wonderful addition to those you have already accomplished. - Marilyn D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Marijke, the house leeks look great and are a lovely addition to your growing collection. They look verry real. I look forward to see the desert garden soon.

    Huibrecht

    ReplyDelete