Saturday 4 May 2024

Well, the New Mini Show Was a Success!

 And we're all happy that it did go well, so there will be another one next year. It is currently the only show in the Canadian Atlantic Provinces (New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia and Newfoundland and Labrador) that we're aware of. Lots of people came to visit, lots of nice comments, and it turns out that we have the Grand Prize winner of the 2024 Creating Contest right in our area, which means we got to see her contest entry. And she has only been doing miniatures for two years! And I didn't think to ask for her name, but she has an article in American Home Miniaturist coming soon. Her entry was wonderfully imaginative and exceedingly well carried out. I'm going to find out her name, but I did have the presence of mind to give her one of my business cards. (By going through another Creatin' Contest winner's blog, I discovered her name is Christie M; all I knew from the Moncton Show was that she was Heather's daughter!)

Now I'm nearly out of stock, which means that I need to make things for next year's show. To that end, I've picked up 5 House of Miniatures (vintage) kits, all of which need upholstering, and my plan is to do some needlework upholstery for them. There were 2 matching chair sets and 2 ottoman benches, as well as a day bed, and I do believe I have more of them in my own extensive stash of HoM kits, so I can do sets if I want. And I have to get back into plants and polymer clay work too. Hopefully, I can make some stock over our long winter to come, which begins in November....  But I do have tulips blooming, and the leaves are beginning to bud on the trees, so first of all, Spring and Summer to enjoy. And of course, minis to make.

It was lovely too catching up with miniaturist friends who I only get to see at this show, as we live all over the area.

I've also got a small commission, for a couple of trout to fit into a very beautiful copper Jason Getzan fish pan. That should keep me busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment