Friday 14 August 2020

Some Work Happened

There hasn't been much work on minis the past week, but there were some repairs. A beam dropped out of my little flower shop vignette, perhaps due to the very hot and humid weather we have been having. That is fixed now.

I repaired a small piece I picked up from an estate sale; it turned out to be signed by Alice Zinn, a lady who has been making her livelihood from hand-crafted miniatures for some years.



The little frog stool had a leg loose and a leg missing, but I was able to replace the lost one. This is a child-size stool, destined for my toy shop (another mini I hope to get to "one of these days".) The box is still being glued up, it is a cake box with a transparent window, from an Ann Venture kit I had picked up at the same estate sale. Addendum: Lady Iolanthe, in her comments, said it was a toad stool rather than a frog stool; I trust her as I am her mother! And it makes a very good pun on the part of the maker of the stool!



It is a very nice kit; the only thing I haven't put together yet is the milk carton. The paper is lovely quality, both matte photo paper and glossy paper for the two cartons. The components of this kit will, hopefully, find homes in things like food prep scenes.

I tidied up my work space yet again, but there is more cleaning up needed!


3 comments:

  1. That frog stool is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's not a frog stool - that looks more like a toad stool. (Pretty sure the pun was intentional when the original miniaturist made it.) The shape of the critter on top is definitely a toad, not a frog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll accept your professional identification! I know the artist through the international mini group I'm part of, and she would likely have made this sort of pun.

    ReplyDelete