Wednesday 17 June 2020

Vintage Kitchen Items Are Done



And as you can see, I gave in and did them in apple green. If you enlarge the photo, you will see a small border and design on just about every piece; this was done using an artist's India ink pen in dark brown, after painting and before the crackle finish. Once everything was dry, I used antiquing gel to highlight the crackles in the pieces.

From left to right, top: plate rack, drawer shelf, which needs drawer knobs, (I think I might put some cup hooks on the upper bar), and the soap/sand/soda rack. On the floor, the bottle rack and the fly safe, with the egg holder on top. The fly safe door needs to be hinged and to have a  knob (I ran out!)

They give off an Edwardian era air, when everything greenery-yallery was very popular....

I am happy with them!

8 comments:

  1. Cup hooks would look great! I really love how these turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marijke these really came out beautifully! I love the color and am amazed at the tiny, perfect detailing! All the finishing techniques you employed here are really effective and give each piece the look of history, age and dutiful use! I hope someone gets to buy the entire set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful, Marijke. I absolutely love the colour. Great choice and expert craftmanship! - Marilyn D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you all for your very kind words! I really debated about the colour, but I love that leaf/apple green so much. If it does not eventually sell, I may have to build a scene around it.

      Delete
  4. Your shelves are adorable Marijke and I LOVE their colour. The apple green is old-fashioned and very friendly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth. Both Marilyn and I love this colour, but it is Ceramcoat and no longer available, as far as we know. We are both running very low....

      Delete
  5. What is the colour called? I found Delta Ceramcoat in apple green but it's a much lighter shade - like Granny Smith apples. The colour of your furnishings looks more like their "medium foliage" colour.

    https://plaidonline.com/products/delta-ceramcoat-acrylic-paint-apple-green-2-oz-020

    https://plaidonline.com/products/delta-ceramcoat-acrylic-paint-medium-foliage-green

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The label has come off, but I think it was medium leaf green or something like that. Ceramcoat is no longer available here or in Bangor, sadly. I'll check out the above address. Thanks!

      Delete