Wednesday 1 May 2019

Seedlings on a Shoestring Part 3

Quite a few children come to the Moncton Miniature and Doll Show every year, and they do like to buy miniatures for themselves. This year, I decided to do some items specifically for the kids, things they might enjoy and which they could purchase for a small amount of money.



Although technically not seedlings, these little plastic bouquets in vases made of various beads, with painted paper leaves, will hopefully find new homes this Saturday. They look pretty good, and may even sell to some adult collectors!

The flowers themselves are pulled off inexpensive plastic plants, and I have kept them as they are pretty good as far as one-twelfth scale goes. Along with these little flower pieces, I also packed up some early fruits and vegetables, and some pots and pans and the like that I decided I would probably never use. However, a child with a few dollars might enjoy having them.

We'll see! Good news is, the TransCanada Highway is open once again, which means I can leave early Saturday morning rather than have to travel via the long detour, and pay for a hotel, on Friday. I hope the rain stays away....

5 comments:

  1. Sweet little flowers, they look almost like they could be clay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're pretty good, especially for garden fillers and the like, I think. I still have some left.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that there is affordable stuff the kids can buy that are also really neat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jodi, I figure if you hook them early, they may turn to the hobby again when they are older....

    ReplyDelete